Based in Stockholm, Sweden
Clapper is a 2 player cooperative rhythm and clap game. The game is most easily visualized as a mix between digital rhythm games and traditional hand clapping games.Clapper has a unique input method that make use of the camera to distinguish between 5 different types of claps. For instance Clapper can distinguish between straight or diagonal claps, or claps being performed with both hands at the same time. Clapper is aimed towards children, parents, grandparents and music teachers and is currently being developed for the iPad
The first Clapper prototype was built with gloves as input method. The game has since then evolved into a glove free version with no peripherals needed to play the game.Contact us if you want photos from the first prototype of Clapper.
- Unique clap input! - The game can distinguish between five different claps!
- 2 player co-op! - Work together with a friend to clear songs!
- Custom music! - Irresistibly clappy music!
- Beautiful game world! - Explore the Jungle while unlocking new songs!
- Four difficulty levels! - Suitable to first time players and seasoned rhythm game veterans alike!
TechCrunch Interview YouTube
Polygon plays Clapper YouTube
Bionic Buzz Interview YouTube
Clapper Gameplay Video YouTube
Clapper preview trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Clapper - IndieCade showcase selection @ E3" IndieCade @ E3, Los Angeles, 14-16 June, 2016
- "Clapper - Winner of Indie Sensation Award" Nordic Game Conference, Malmö, 18-20 May, 2016
- "Clapper - Winner of Best in Show: Audience Choice." Casual Connect, Amsterdam, 16-18 Feb, 2016
- "Clapper - Nominated for Best Kids and Family Game." Casual Connect, Amsterdam, 16-18 Feb, 2016
- "TechCrunch at E3, Los Angeles, 2016"
- "Indie developers ditch controllers for real-life interactions", TechCrunch
- "Mashable at E3, Los Angeles, 2016"
- "5 indie music games that made us feel the rhythm at E3", Mashable
- "MacWorld at E3, Los Angeles, 2016"
- "The best Mac and iOS games shown off at E3 2016", MacWorld
- "AppleInsider at E3, Los Angeles, 2016"
- "E3 2016: 'Clapper' merges DDR, 'Pat-A-Cake' for rhythm gaming via iPad camera", AppleInsider
- "Swedish review of Clapper"
- "Klappa takt i roligt rytmspel för två spelare", Pappas appar
- "Article from Pocket Gamer"
- "We are often on the hunt for original experiences that are unique to mobile...", Pocket Gamer
- "Clapper at Nordic Game Conference"
- "Clapper wins the NG16 Indie Sensation Award!", Nordic Game
- "Swedish article about Clapper and their partner"
- "Dinkelspiels indiespel prisas", Dagens Industri Digital
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Bridgeside Interactive
Bridgeside Interactive is a small independent game studio founded in 2014 and located in Stockholm. Our goal is to build truly unique and inclusive games that explore new game mechanics and new ways of playing games. We who work at Bridgeside all have many different interests spanning everything from rock climbing and horseback riding to music, pen-and-paper RPGs and modern pedagogy in schools. This mixture of different interests and talents is the “primordial soup” from which our game ideas crawl onto land and evolve into unique and sprawling life forms. We hope that you would like to crawl and sprawl with us! Our first title will be a rhythm game for kids, parents, grandparents and music teachers.
More information on Bridgeside Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Producer, Bridgeside Interactive
Game Designer, Bridgeside Interactive
Programming, Bridgeside Interactive
Sound & Music, Bridgeside Interactive